BASC’s inaugural Best In The Field Clay Shoot is a competition with a difference, with targets set to replicate live quarry shooting.
Pre booking is essentail for this competition, please call 01234 708893 to reserve your place.
BASC’s Best In The Field Clay Shoot takes place on 19th and 20th August.
The targets are being set by FITASC world champion and shooting coach, Ed Solomons, with the competition following a game shooting layout.
This will include pigeon, rabbit, duck, grouse and pheasant, with each stand mimicking the real activity, whether it is in a grouse butt, seated in a pigeon hide or kneeling in a creek.
With more than £2,000 worth of prizes on offer across six categories, the event is one not to miss.
Competition categories and sections
The competition will incorporate 100 sporting clays, with the option to shoot an additional 20 clays on BASC’s sustainable ammunition stand.
The categories for Best In The Field Clay Shoot are as follows:
High Gun – open to all
Team (up to six people) – open to all
Parent and child (child can be any age)
Best young shot across any category (21 years and under)
How to enter
Entry fee is £55 for BASC members and £65 for non-members.
You can download an entry form below. Once completed, please email your entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01234 708 893 to enter over the phone.
When booking by phone please have the following information Pre booking is essentail
- The day you would like to shoot
- The ideal time on that day to start
- Your BASC number
- If you are entering as a team, your chosen team name (please note top 4 scores to count for awards)
- If you are entering as parent and child your chosen team name
- Confirmation if you are game keeper
Please note that all shooters must complete an entry form and paid in full by 10th August 2023.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
By entering the BASC Best In The Field Clay Shoot, you hereby accept the following terms and conditions related to the competition:
General terms and conditions
1. The organiser of the shoot is: The British Association of Shooting and Conservation (BASC), Marford Mill, Rossett, LL12 0HL.
2. The shoot is hosted by, and entries are to be made to: Sporting Targets, Knotting Lane, Riseley, Bedfordshire. MK44 1BX.
3. There is no cash alternative for any prizes. Prizes are provided direct to the winner from the sponsor and cannot be substituted.
4. Winners will receive their prize(‘s) within 30 days unless stated otherwise by the sponsor in writing, following completion of the competition. The exception to this is the prize gifted by Isuzu (tickets will arrive electronically a week before the event).
5. BASC & Sporting Targets reserve the right to publicise the names and pictures of the winners and runners-up in each section of the competition.
Specific competition rules
1. The Best In The Field Clay Shoot is open to both BASC Members and non BASC Members.
2. Each category is subject to specific entry requirement as below:
a). High Gun Category: open to all competitors, regardless of age or gender.
b). Women’s Category: open to women of any age.
c). Parent and child category: child can be any age.
d). Young shot category: open to those aged 21 and under.
e). Gamekeeper category: entrants must be professionally employed as a gamekeeper (full or part-time) at the time of the competition or have retired from the profession after a minimum of 5 years. Proof of employment is to be provided by the entrants and will be verified by BASC / Sporting Targets on the day of the competition.
f). All competitors entering any category in this competition must hold a valid shotgun certificate, or if under the age of 21, be accompanied by a valid shotgun certificate holder. This will be verified by BASC / Sporting Targets on the day of the competition.
Specific prize terms
1. Car loan & hotel accommodation (the winner will need a full UK driving licence to have loan of the Maxus - the winner of this category will be given a booking.com voucher for the value of £300 this will need to be used to book a hotel in line with the terms of the voucher.
2. Gun - the winner will need relevant licence to receive this prize and it is not transferable to another person.
3. Tickets are non-transferable and will be provided electronically a week before the event.